Every home brewer knows that beer is just hops, grain, water and yeast. Here’s a tutorial on how to make a special shirt for your craft brewer.
Materials needed to create this craft beer shirt
- Hops + Wheat + Water + Yeast image (available from my files)
- blank shirt (such as Gildan heavy cotton)
- freezer paper – cut to your printer size
- printer, either LaserJet or InkJet
- craft knife
- fabric paint such as this textile paint
- parchment or baking paper
Do you need a quick refresher on how to make and use a freezer paper stencil? 👈 Review it now.
If you want to make this shirt using HTV instead of a stencil, the SVG is in the Free Files Folder.
- Wash and dry your shirt first, without using fabric softener or dryer sheets.
- Print out the “Hops Grain Water Yeast” image you’ve downloaded from the Free Files Folder onto your freezer paper.
- Cut out the areas you want to paint. Remember to save any little bits you need to iron back into the design, such as the glint in the water drop, and the bubbles and empty space in the top of the beaker.
- Center the stencil on your shirt.
- Iron it on.
- Paint over the design. If you have a dark shirt, you might need more than one layer of paint.
- Let it dry completely.
- Pull off the stencil, using a tweezers to get the small bits sticking in the paint.
- Place baking paper over the paint, and iron well to set the design.
- It’s ready to wear, but wait 24 hours before washing it.
I hope your brewer likes it!
Ready to download the free SVG or printable? Head over to the 📂 Free Files Folder and enter the ✨ magic word. ✨ (If you don’t have the magic word, just fill in the form below first.)
Save this for later by pinning on Pinterest!
* Links to products are for your convenience finding tools and materials, however, they are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. *